Monday, September 20, 2010

Fallen Owl

This morning as I drove home from the gym in the beautiful fall like air I saw something on the road. I have seen this sight before and knew with a good amount of certainty that the heap of brown and white feathers was the broken body of an Eastern Screech Owl. I have a lot of affection for these rarely seen little stealth fighters mostly because I have some history with them.

I want to build another home and have owls claim it Lord willing.

Eastern Screech Owl Road Kill

Eastern Screech Owl Road Kill

Eastern Screech Owl Road Kill

4 comments:

  1. Sad to see. What a beautiful bird.

    Cheers,
    gg

    ReplyDelete
  2. put some hot sauce on those wings and chow down Billy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went with sweet and sour and believe me if folks knew how good these little owls tasted there would not be many left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not serious about eating it are you? Oh Dear!

    I always feel so sad within when I see an animal die. I, personally, think it would be a really great idea if you did build a home for them somewhere, God willing of course :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day or not with a comment!