Friday, July 17, 2015

Diving the USNS Vandenberg


McDiving The Vandenberg



I am going to use this lead paragraph to put the information describing this adventure as concisely as I can so here goes:

On July 17, 2015 friends took me along for a dive on the 524' USNS Vandenberg lying in 140' of water seven miles south of Key West. We left the dock at about 8:15 for the two tank dive the first of which took place approx. an hour after leaving the dock. The first dive was about 29 minutes below the surface with a 32% mix 3000 psi nitrox mix in an aluminum tank. After a one hour interval aboard the "Emily Anne" it was back down with the same mix for approximately the same duration for a dive that started at the bow and ended at the stern. Truly a wonderful time for which I am humbly grateful.

McDiving The Vandenberg

This vessel is massive with it's best feature being more clean swim throughs than you could experience in a half dozen dives!





Our charter was with www.adventurewatersportcharters.com who were great. Thank you Capt. Jack and Kelly!

McDiving The Vandenberg

McDiving The Vandenberg

See you in the next post. Jesus loves you!

1Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
3For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance : that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.... 1 Corinthians 15:1-3