Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Trouble in the Owl Box

Screech Owls After Breach

The day before yesterday I saw the owl lingering at the entrance at a time that was out of the ordinary.

Screech Owls After Breach

I looked further and could see that the male was also out in the open and very close by. I thought maybe one of the eggs had hatched!

Screech Owls After Breach

When the female flew away I quickly snapped a shot and to my dismay found the scene you see below.

Screech Owls After Breach

One egg was unaccounted for and their was liquid from that egg soaking the nest material. Ant were rapidly gathering to collect what nutrients they could. I cleaned the remaining eggs in warm water and replaced the old straw with fresh dry straw shut up the box and hoped for the best.

Screech Owls After Breach

The owls stayed close by sitting together which is something I had not seen before. Neither one of them entered the box all day which I am afraid might have doomed the remaining two eggs. Time will tell.

Creation never ceases to amaze me. I do not know how it all works but God certainly does and He teaches me all the time with this garden He has provided for us all. I am inspired by these little Owl who know only what pleases God and do it unquestioningly.

Screech Owls After Breach

Animals are not capable of right and wrong. They cannot sin but they live with the consequences of humanities sin. In the beginning and to this day God designed the natural world to be tended by His children.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
(Genesis 1:26-28)

God there is none like you. You know the longings of our heart and when we are wise enough to stop and seek you, you satisfy us in the most profound ways. Work patience in us, help us become small in our own eyes so that we can build those around us up!

Thank you for these little owls just outside my window. I love YOU!

Laura Story (Blessings)