Friday, April 12, 2013

Fragile Life

The Delicate Balance

I am resigning myself to the fact there will be no Screech Owls fledging in the front yard this year. After the owl house was entered and an egg broken and removed by a mystery creature the ants came. I tried to intervene but to avail.

The Delicate Balance

The remaining two eggs were too damaged to withstand the ants.

The Delicate Balance

The beginning of us all in this world of the dying, like our common origin bears a familiar appearance. God is the master of all things. I am awestruck by this little embryo Owl that had been developing in a box in a tree just outside my window.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
(John 1:1-4
)

Thank you for following this little adventure. I am sad it has ended this way.