Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Wild Sunday

This Sunday we had Baptisms at South Tampa Fellowship.

Baptism at STF

It was a whirlwind of a morning.

Baptism at STF

The music was blasting and my eardrums were being stretched beyond their limits.

Baptism at STF

Mr. Kelly Green was there with tales of far away lands his smile was from ear to ear.

Baptism at STF

Craig was utilizing the latest in I pad tech by “sketching” diagrams and writing addresses.

Baptism at STF

Tyler was sliding all over the church with an official Kessler crane slider Phillip Bloom Edition.

Baptism at STF

Rob started off the Baptizing with flair and I witnessed children I once new as toddlers passing through the water in a public profession of their faith in Jesus.

Baptism at STF

The preschool ministry said goodbye to Mr. Bill and watch in Pier 3:16 as he exited stage left.

Baptism at STF

This is no small loss as he was a clear and concise speaker of God’s truth with a genuine love for the children.

   There were also cries of despair, vomiting and overflowing toilets all in just the first service!

Baptism at STF

The last thing I will mention was my first clue that the day would be a wild ride. I usually sit in a chair near the front door to watch the flock as they trample in. I am kind of a misfit ram in this scenario and as such I take to observing the lives of others rather than participating in all the intrigue.

Well as I was sitting there one of the little lambs trots up with a card (the one in the image above). I open said card thinking it might be a birthday invitation or such only to find it is a farewell card. I immediately thought that like so many families before them this family, whom I have grown to love, were on their way to some far off city.

I was then informed that it was I who was leaving, and they had read an email to prove it. It then began to dawn on me just what a comedy of errors had occurred followed by a most happy reunion for a separation that had only taken place in our minds during the last five minutes.

Anyhow it was a not so typical day in the big dysfunctional family known as STF church.

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
(1 Corinthians 1:20-25)