Sunday, April 1, 2012

Where Doves Come To Die?

In the Garden March 2012

Recently we noticed a mourning dove in the garden. Not unusual except for the gaping wounds. My guess is a cat lost this one after the pounce.

In the Garden March 2012

I am rooting for her but birds can be very delicate. I have in the past put an end to the wounded little creatures if they appeared to be suffering but this bird was very relaxed and seem to have fight left. I hope she makes it.

In the Garden March 2012In the Garden March 2012

I am honored that our yard is her safe haven.

In the Garden March 2012

The plants are growing but I feel as though they are growing slowly.

In the Garden March 2012

The dill from winter is blooming. I have not seen dill blooms until now.

In the Garden March 2012

This wasp landed for a closer look.

In the Garden March 2012

The purple beans are blooming and in the next month I expect to be having some with a meal now and then!

In the Garden March 2012In the Garden March 2012

Last years were very tasty!