Wednesday, October 6, 2004

Owls of Higher Learning



The internet is an astonishing mover. A couple of years ago I yanked some baby owls out of the box I built them in the front yard. They were not please with me to say the least but I didn't let those superior and condemning eyes detour me from taking a whole bunch of baby owl photographs. I was pleased with the result but I am sure that those owls resent the experience to this very day.

Well Owls I have good news. You guys are now serving the higher education community at The University of Bristol in the United Kingdom. It turns out that one KJ Moffatt found you on the SXC while perusing for images to include in the schools web site and brochures. Here is how it went down.



Truly amazing to think that the internet has, in it's weird and wonderful way, serendipitously transported a couple of lovable little owls from my front yard in Tampa, Florida over the ocean to the UK. A simple image taken for my own enjoyment becomes a useful tool for a school in Bristol. This is the type of story that in earlier generations would have deemed so fantastic as to have been worthy of an H.G. Wells science fiction short story.