Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Sticker



Upon visiting a home of one of the beloved church families I was informed by Merritt's mother that she had been creating stickers. Well anyone who knows me knows that I myself am a sticker aficionado. Mother says to daughter, " pick out a sticker for Mr. Billy". Daughter gracefully moves to the wall where her stickers are displayed and carefully surveys her collection. After some deliberation with mother, daughter neatly plucks the chosen sticker from the collection, walks over to my location and sticks the sticker on my shirt just above my left pocket.

To study the creation of a child is to discover a beauty that transcends the constraints of practiced skill and fine detail. The offerings of a child are pure and unencumbered with self criticism. They are lovingly crafted with whimsy and delight.

This sticker is not cut uniformly at its edges.
It has a border but the blue coloring does not stay inside it.
The gold fish also has blue coloring overlapping the orange.
The orange coloring is outside the black lines that trace the edge of the fish.
The back of the paper had a piece of double sided tape that has lost most of it’s adhesiveness.

Thank you Merritt!
It's perfect!

1 comment:

Make my day or not with a comment!