Friday, February 12, 2016

Critter Trouble

I received a call this morning from a friend with hens. There used to be four now there are three and I had a trap set on the property in an attempt to capture the culprit. Keep in mind these creatures are not villains they are surviving just the same as we are. The call was informing me that the trap had done its job so I headed over and this is what I found!


Opossum

A healthy Opossum giving me the "I am your worst nightmare treatment." I have always been fond of Opossums and have found them to be all bluster and bluff. They are very slow movers and if really pressed they will just flop over and play dead. The larger ones do smell revolting and if you catch one they will often begin slowing pooping all over the place to make themselves even more undesirable.

Opossum