Thursday, October 29, 2015

The least the greatest

I am reminded this morning by this small excerpt that every little true kindness is of eternal value!

"He has had nothing to do with our story, save that once he made our Annie feel that she had a home. And to give that feeling to another is worth living for." George Macdonald, Alec Forbes of Howglen.

I find myself always in what might be best described as sporadic relations with most of the people whom are moving about in my orbit. This condition often causes me the discomfort of believing that my influence is lacking any substantial positive effect on these whom I love. My salvation in this regard is the knowledge that my Father in heaven is at work with or without me and His Spirit is active in the lives of His chosen children.

Thousands that are capable of great sacrifices are yet not capable of the little ones which are all that are required of them. God seems to take pleasure in working by degrees; the progress of the truth is as the permeation of leaven, or the growth of a seed: a multitude of successive small sacrifices may work more good in the world than many a large one. What would even our Lord's death on the cross have been, except as the crown of a life in which he died daily, giving himself, soul, body and spirit, to his men and women? It is the and that is the precious thing. Being is the mother to all little Doings as well as the grown-up Deeds and the mighty heroic Sacrifice; and these little Doings, like the good children of the house, make the bliss of it. George Macdonald, Weighed and Wanting.

Every little comfort along with every truth we can offer to those living in vulnerable circumstances are of great value. Keep loving fearlessly!

The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40