Sunday, September 20, 2015

Brofishing September 20, 2015

Brofishing Sept. 20, 2015

Six hours in the quest for fish. You never know for sure what you will encounter out on the bay and you may know what species are currently biting but catching them is a different story. The conditions were warm with very light winds today. The sky was blue with puff white clouds above. We very quickly encountered fish.

Brofishing Sept. 20, 2015

There were Spanish Mackerel (Scomberomorini) just about everywhere we went and on this day we caught more of their species than others. I am making a mental note to look for them every September late in the month.

Brofishing Sept. 20, 2015

The first fish I was able to catch was another pelagic. I do believe this is only the second I have caught over the years. The first one I think was back in 2008. It is a bluefish (Pomatomus saltatrix).

Brofishing Sept. 20, 2015Brofishing Sept. 20, 2015

Both of the aforementioned species are equipped with razor sharp teeth and are eating machines! If you do not use wire leader you will be cut off 9 times out of 10!

Brofishing Sept. 20, 2015

Everything was in abundance. We saw a large sea turtle and have been seeing more in the last two years than in all the previous years of this life combined. The bait was everywhere in huge numbers and large individual sizes. It is a joy to see creation thriving!



Winter is on it's way and the creatures are using this time of abundance to stock up on calories! Good time for fishing!

Brofishing Sept. 20, 2015

They only righteous Puffers are those who were designed that way!

I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me. For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church. Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you. But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

1 Corinthians 4:14-21