Saturday, November 26, 2011

Garden Update Late November 2011

Winter Garden late November

The Florida “Winter” garden is starting to yield and foremost on my mind is getting prepared for and freezing that might occur during the next two months. I need to buy some frost cloth and keep it in reserve. The cucumbers and greens are growing well.

Winter Garden late November

I will be harvesting some of the burp less cucumbers in the next two weeks. Once they start to develop they grow at an amazing rate.

I have been brewing and applying compost tea the last two weeks. I think it is helping to get the plants blooming but I am not sure. I just take a shovel full of the compost form my pile and bubble it in water with some honey or syrup.

Winter Garden late November

The bees still seem healthy but they have not made much progress in the last two weeks. Maybe the cooler weather has limited their resources.