Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Box Trap Of My Very Own

four days ago I started setting out a small havahart trap, you see we are over run with squirrels. I caught and relocated five in two days but I was not happy with the fact that many of the squirrels were to big for the trap and kept escaping capture. That is when I decided I needed a bigger trap. Homedepot had a havahart 1030 that would do the job for $35 but I was reluctant to part with the money. I decided I would build my own trap with scraps of lumber and wire that up until now were just taking up space. Three days later and shabang!

Box Trap for Squirrels

I set it today and guess what? I caught a squirrel in no time!

Box Trap for Squirrels

I reset the trap and headed to church for AWANA which is like being in a building full of large squirrels running around every where and crawling all over you. I returned  home to see the trap sprung and yet another hapless squirrel who undoubtedly was contemplating the genius behind this diabolical device in which it now found itself in.

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us. There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.
(Ecc 1:9-11)

There are few things more gratifying than identifying a problem, designing a solution and finally constructing a working device that solves the aforementioned problem. Thank God that He made us in His image and with a creative mind like His. Always remember that we never create anything. We only reassemble what out Father in heaven has created. The Glory for everything belongs to God and God belongs to those who know Him as Father.