Thursday, March 3, 2011

Alan Folts and CRKT Knife Collaboration

I recently went on a search for a replacement blade for a friend whose knife I lost diving. I found the Columbia Knife and Tool + Alan Folts minimalist fixed blade neck knife. They come in three configurations all with Kydex sheaths. The Bowie , Tanto, and Wharncliffe blade. They are tiny little wonders for under $25.

CRKT Folts Minimalist

Tanto and Wharncliffe Minilaist blades.

CRKT Folts Minimalist

During my search I discovered a custom knife maker that really appealed to me. Blind Horse Knives has a number of great videos that give you a real feel for what it takes to make custom knives! I find their practical line of knives and their sales approach to be very attractive. Maybe some day I will be reviewing one of their lovely Frontier Valley knives if I ever find myself with enough disposable income to allow me to purchase one.