Saturday, March 28, 2009

Being Together!

Went fishing this morning and did not catch a thing. I was however reminded of a precious truth through a flock of God’s little birds. I watched them at the waters edge delighting in everything God has provided them but I thought the thing they most valued was being together.
They were intent on staying close to each other as they dashed up and down the shore or flew in groups to different areas of the beach to feed. They were clamoring over each other to get at the tasty morsels found in the newly soft sand made accessible by the action of the small waves.
I immediately felt warm inside recognizing that as important as each of God’s creations are to Him He tells us we are His chosen children. I thought about all the friends that God has provided in my life to bring me security, accountability and affection! God you are so very good!
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalm 133:1