Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had an entirely pleasant thanksgiving this year. The food preparation went smoothly and our tradition of having a perfectly small game hen for each person at the table served us well another year.

Thanksgiving 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Dad was not with us around the table this year and it gave me pleasure to think of him with our Heavenly Father. I am convinced that the Lord gives him all the latest on our families activities.

Thanksgiving 2008

I am amazed at God's grace and the peace he never ceases to provide each in our family. I am encouraged for the future as well knowing that He is all sufficient and the deaths of those who I love and am yet to love are to be taken in stride on my way to my own passage into the eternal kingdom which we are to all inhabit together forever!

Now I grow old, and the soft-gathered years Have calmed, yea dulled the heart's swift fluttering beat; But a quiet hope that keeps its household seat Is better than recurrent glories fleet. To know thee, Lord, is worth a many tears; And when this mildew, age, has dried away, My heart will beat again as young and strong and gay. Stronger and gayer tenfold!—but, O friends, Not for itself, nor any hoarded bliss. I see but vaguely whither my being tends, All vaguely spy a glory shadow-blent, Vaguely desire the "individual kiss;" But when I think of God, a large content Fills the dull air of my gray cloudy tent. George MacDonald, "Diary of an old soul"

Get ready for a Merry Christmas and a Joyful New Year!

2 comments:

  1. is that your new big table, Billy? i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very one! I am glad you like it. I want to have bunches of people come over and share meals.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day or not with a comment!