Saturday, March 29, 2008

Life and Death

See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply:
Deu 30:15 & 16


I have seen in this life those who have come to such despair as to want to have their life taken from them in the belief that it will bring an end to their suffering.
God's Word states it simply and elegantly. Walk in His ways and experience life. Walk alone on a path of  your own design and live a life of fear and desperation.

A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; [and] with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
Pro 18:21

Who do we associate with and do words of  life or words of death come from their mouths? It is so basic as to be almost unbelievable but this is the way with God's truth.
Do the people who words you hear day after day bring you into fellowship with God or do they nudge, push, and even shove you  out of fellowship with the Father. Do not walk with them, not one step. Pray for them, invite them to church, show them the love of Jesus, but do not live closely enough in this  life with them as to give  them opportunity to blindly shove you out of the light love into dark and desperate places.
Your tongue, my tongue, every bodies tongue has the power to kill and the power to give life!
I praise God Almighty He has provided me with a place where word of life are so frequently spoken into me as to cause me to experience a life so vital I am many times delighted by the joy of the Lord.
I pray Lord help me not to use words that kill.