Saturday, February 2, 2008

Switches

wired

I am nearing the end of my endeavor to change my room into an office of sorts. I was able to successfully add three light fixtures and all the wire that goes with such a project. I installed all the switches and turned on the power. At the press of a button or the slide of a dimmer switch light shines out of the bulbs and fills the room with just the amount of light I dictate.

This morning just before I was awakened by Pot Pie I had a dream. I am always amused by the scenes that play in my minds eye. The workings of the "unconscious mind" are fascinating. Much like a switch that turns itself on without the consent of the one who resides within the dwelling a dream gives light to the deepest fears and greatest desires. Praise God my dreams are so often a delight and I recommend giving Him the authority over your thoughts and life.

This mornings dream was a visit to a place I hold dear. In the dream I see people who have great affection for each other. People who for all practical purposes are the picture of a large loving family with a perfect Father, in this family are so many folks whose influence in my life is certainly more than I can humanly understand. In fact the dream as delightful as it was is often times my delightful reality!

When I awoke I had this thought. Why am I so often unsatisfied with so great a provision as the provision of God in my life? It seems to me that at my current place in time there is very little I desire but the desires of my heart are those that only God can provide. There are so many things in life you can work for, borrow for, or steal. The most important things are gifts only God can give and He does not give them frivolously. You are truly blessed when He gives them. Back to my thought if I can accurately express it as much as my experience in the dream reflected my one of my greatest desires in this life what if I forsake the dream completely?

There will come a day in this life when you will be required to give these most precious gifts back to the giver of all good gifts. Give them back now into His invincible hands and you will find that these gifts will last forever and you will never loose them again.

Proverbs 16

1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

2 All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.

3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

5 Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

7 When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

8 Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.

9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.